Dakota Lithium 12V/100Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
Experience the Dakota Lithium Difference
The DL 100Ah battery is built with Dakota Lithium's legendary LiFePO4 cells. 2,000+ recharge cycles (roughly 5 year lifespan at daily use) vs. 500 for other lithium batteries or lead acid. Optimal performance down to minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit (for winter warriors). Plus twice the power of lead-acid batteries at half the weight.
Live the dream! Work and play on your own terms with the freedom of Dakota Lithium. The optimal electrical system for sprinter vans, small campers, trailers, and overland adventures. Add a Zamp Solar rooftop kit for endless off-the-grid adventure. This bundle includes:
- QTY 1 Dakota Lithium 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery with 11 year warranty.
- QTY 1 solar charge controller included for free. QTY 1 Victron Energy 1200 watt Phoenix DC to AC inverter.
- QTY 1 Victron Energy Victron Orion-TR smart 12/12-18A isolated DC-DC charger with Bluetooth that allows you to charge your battery from your engines’ alternator.
- QTY 1 Victron Smart Shunt 500A/50MV Bluetooth Battery Monitor. QTY 1 Dakota Lithium 12V 10A LiFePo4 battery charger.
Engineered with Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) technology your Dakota Lithium batteries have twice the power, half the weight, and lasts 4 times longer than sealed lead acid or AGM batteries – providing exceptional lifetime value. 100 Amp hours of total capacity provides a full day of power for long days on the open road in your RV, or camping in your van, boat or truck. Ideal for deep cycle applications like solar energy storage, RVs, camper vans, or boating, where you need lots of power for a long time. All backed up by a best in class 11 year warranty. LiFePO4 charger included.
- VanLife & Van Builds
- Solar Energy Storage
- Overland & Truck Builds
- RV Camper Trailers
- Off-grid Electrical Systems
- Marine Applications
- Construction & Work Trucks
- Recreational Vehicles
- Off-grid Homes
- Deep Cycle Applications only, not for starting Gasoline Engines
- Storage Capacity: 100 ampere hours (Ah). Dakota Lithium batteries provide consistent power for all 100 amp hours. DL LiFePO4 batteries have a flat voltage curve, which means they have a steady power output as the battery discharges. The power output will not dramatically drop like similar sized SLA batteries. You get all the juice down to the last drop.
- Voltage: 12.8V
- Energy: 1280 Watts (Wh)
- Terminals: F12 terminals (posts that screw in). Easy to adapt to different connection needs. (Max torque 15 ft. lbs.)
- Size: 12.99 in (330mm) L x 6.77 in (172mm) W x 8.66 in (220mm) H
- Weight: 31.9 lbs (14.5Kg). That's 60% lighter than a SLA battery.
- Lifecycles (Battery Lipespan): Up to 80% capacity for 2,000 cycles in recommended conditions. The typical SLA has 500 cycles. Dakota Lithium batteries last so long that the price per use is a fraction of traditional batteries.
- Operating Temperature: Ideal for rugged & harsh environments. Much better than SLA or other lithium’s. -20'F min, +120'F max optimal operating temps (battery performs well down to -20'F). Avoid charging below 32'F.
- Discharge: 100 A max continuous, 200 A max pulse 10 second pulse. The flat discharge voltage curve provides a 75% bigger capacity then a SLA 100Ah battery.
- Charge: 50 A max, 14 V max recommended, 15 V max. Included is a LiFePO4 compatible charger. A SLA charger may work, but will reduce performance and lifespan of the battery.
- Includes Active BMS Protection: Contains a circuit that handles cell balancing, low voltage cutoff, high voltage cutoff, short circuit protection and high temperature protection for increased performance and longer life.
- Charger Included: 10A LiFePO4 charger included
- Not for Starting Engines: This is a deep cycle 12v battery. Not designed for starting gasoline engines.
- DC-DC Engine to Battery Charger Included: Victron Energy Victron Orion-TR smart 12/12-19A isolated DC-DC charger with Bluetooth. Charges your Dakota Lithium battery using the electricity generated by your engines alternator.
- ZAMP Solar Panel Kit Included: 170 watt solar panel kit included. Plus everything you need to connect your solar panels to your batteries, including a solar charge controller, wiring harness, and mounting hardware.
- Battery Monitor Included: Victron Smart Shunt 500A/50MV Bluetooth Battery Monitor provides real time data on your electrical systems performance via the Bluetooth App
- Inverter Included: The Victron Phoenix 1200 watt inverter allow you to use 12V Dakota Lithium batteries to power household electronics that require 120V AC (the wall plug in your home)
Frequently Asked Questions
Twice the Power?
- Yes! Here at Dakota Lithium we build all of our batteries with lithium iron phosphate technology which has many distinct advantages over traditional batteries. Including 60% less weight, a charging speed that is up to 5X faster, and a significantly longer lifespan (5-10 years longer on average). One of the most noticeable advantages however is the flat voltage curve. Unlike a lead acid battery where the voltage drops as you use the battery a Dakota Lithium battery has a steady voltage for 99% of the battery's charge. That means you get all the power down to the last drop and double the usable power of traditional batteries.
Are Lithium Batteries Safe?
- Dakota Lithium batteries are 100% safe & reliable. Our signature chemistry, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), does not contain rare earth elements (like Cobalt) or heavy metals, is non-toxic, including no lead or acid, is non-corrosive, does not off gas, requires no watering or maintenance, can be placed in any orientation, and unlike other lithium batteries will not explode or catch fire. In addition, each Dakota Lithium battery is protected from over heating, over charging, and short circuiting, by a battery management system (BMS) microchip that also extends the lifespan and is contained in a rugged, waterproof case (although enough water can conduct electricity between the terminals, so don't submerse the battery). For best performance & reliability we recommend using a LiFePO4 charger.
How do I charge a lithium battery?
- Dakota Lithium batteries perform best when charged by a lithium compatible charger. Lead acid or SLA chargers, on-board chargers for AGM batteries, or other non-lithium chargers will charge a Dakota Lithium battery but only to 70-80% of capacity. This is because Dakota Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) technology charges and is full at a higher voltage then traditional batteries (Dakota Lithium charges at 14.4 Volts). Chargers with a lithium battery setting or designed for lithium will charge at the appropriate voltage. See our full catalog of LiFePO4 battery chargers here. All batteries 54Ah and larger include a free LiFePO4 compatible charger.
Will cold weather affect my battery?
- Your Dakota Lithium battery will discharge normally between a range of -20F and 120F (-29C to 49C). DL batteries are commonly used among ice fishers for their flashers and ice augers, so they are quite resilient and are frequently used in cold climates. In cases of extreme cold however, it is recommended that the batteries be insulated. We also do not recommend charging our batteries below freezing temperatures. If you are planning to regularly charge your battery below freezing temperatures we recommend the DL+ 12V 135Ah battery which has an internal heating element and is optimal for use in cars, trucks, RVs, off grid solar, and any application where the battery will be charged regularly in extremely cold environments (like a North Dakota winter).
Order a Dakota Lithium 12V/100Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery today from ElectricBikeParadise.com. Free shipping + free gifts on all of our Dakota Lithium Deep Cycle Batteries. Buy today and get a discount, free shipping, and a free gift!