Dakota Lithium 12V/200Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
Experience the Dakota Lithium Difference
The 12V 200Ah battery is built with Dakota Lithium's legendary LiFePO4 cells. 3,000+ recharge cycles (roughly 5 year lifespan at daily use) vs. 500 for other lithium batteries or lead acid. Optimal performance down to minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit (for winter warriors). Plus twice the power of lead-acid batteries at half the weight.
When you go off grid during a Dakota winter you need to be prepared for all that mother nature can throw at you. With the 12V 200Ah we built our our biggest and most energy dense battery yet – ready for long nights in the ice hut, or long days rolling the open road in your RV. Built out of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) technology this is a battery built to last. With a lifespan of 3,000 charge cycles this battery will last up to 5 times longer than your typical SLA battery – providing exceptional value over time. Optimized for marine/boating, solar energy, RVs & electric vehicles. Free 12V 10 Amp LiFePO4 optimized charger included. 11 year warranty. This is our original DL 170ah battery re-engineered for 200Ah of capacity. Same price, 30Ah more capacity.
- Electric Vehicles
- Boating & Sailboat Batteries
- Home Energy Storage
- Solar Storage
- DIY PowerWalls
- Emergency Power
- Golf Carts
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEV)
- Off-grid Energy Storage
- Warranty: Best in Class 11 Year Warranty. That is 10 years more warranty then most lead acid batteries.
- Voltage and Capacity: 12v 200Ah 2400Wh. LiFePO4 chemistry has a flat voltage curve, meaning this battery has twice as much usable capacity as a lead acid (SLA, AGM) battery with the same rating. (Dakota Lithium 12V batteries can be used in series for up to 48V systems)
- Size & Weight: 20.6” x 9.3” x 8.66” (522 x 238 x 220 mm). 59 lbs (26.7 kg)
- Storage Capacity: 200 amp hours (Ah)
- Lifespan/Lifecycles: Up to 80% capacity for 3,000 cycles in recommended conditions. Half-life (50% capacity) of 6,000 re-charge cycles (Typical SLA has 500 cycles). Backed up by an 11 year warranty.
- Discharge: 200 A max continuous, 300 A max 10-second pulse. 9.0 V max discharge, 11.0 V max recommended discharge.
- Charge: 100 A max, Included is a LiFePO4 compatible charger. A SLA charger may work, but will reduce performance and lifespan of the battery.
- Operating Temperature: Ideal for rugged & harsh environments. Much better than SLA or other lithium’s. -20'F min, +120'F max optimal operating temps (battery performs well down to -20'F). Avoid charging below 32'F.
- Safe & Reliable: Includes active BMS protection circuit that handles cell balancing, low voltage cutoff, high voltage cutoff, short circuit protection and high temperature protection for increased performance and longer life
- Terminals and Posts: F12 Terminals (posts that screw in) with M8 post bolts included. (Max torque 15 ft. lbs.
- Certifications: All batteries are UN 38 certified. Dakota Lithium's cells are UL1642 certified and have been tested per IEC62133 standards. Meets all US & International regulations for air, ground, train, & marine transport.
- Free LiFePO4 Charger Included: Free 10 Amp (A) charger included. Dakota Lithium batteries like to be charged at 14.4 volts, higher than AGM or lead acid. Lead acid chargers will work, but will only charge the battery to 80% of capacity. Upgrade to a 20 Amp charger for 2X faster charge time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Twice the Power?
- Yes! Here at Dakota Lithium we build all of our batteries with lithium iron phosphate technology which has many distinct advantages over traditional batteries. Including 60% less weight, a charging speed that is up to 5X faster, and a significantly longer lifespan (5-10 years longer on average). One of the most noticeable advantages however is the flat voltage curve. Unlike a lead acid battery where the voltage drops as you use the battery a Dakota Lithium battery has a steady voltage for 99% of the battery's charge. That means you get all the power down to the last drop and double the usable power of traditional batteries.
Are Lithium Batteries Safe?
- Dakota Lithium batteries are 100% safe & reliable. Our signature chemistry, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), does not contain rare earth elements (like Cobalt) or heavy metals, is non-toxic, including no lead or acid, is non-corrosive, does not off gas, requires no watering or maintenance, can be placed in any orientation, and unlike other lithium batteries will not explode or catch fire. In addition, each Dakota Lithium battery is protected from over heating, over charging, and short circuiting, by a battery management system (BMS) microchip that also extends the lifespan and is contained in a rugged, waterproof case (although enough water can conduct electricity between the terminals, so don't submerse the battery). For best performance & reliability we recommend using a LiFePO4 charger.
How do I charge a lithium battery?
- Dakota Lithium batteries perform best when charged by a lithium compatible charger. Lead acid or SLA chargers, on-board chargers for AGM batteries, or other non-lithium chargers will charge a Dakota Lithium battery but only to 70-80% of capacity. This is because Dakota Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) technology charges and is full at a higher voltage then traditional batteries (Dakota Lithium charges at 14.4 Volts). Chargers with a lithium battery setting or designed for lithium will charge at the appropriate voltage. See our full catalog of LiFePO4 battery chargers here. All batteries 54Ah and larger include a free LiFePO4 compatible charger.
Will cold weather affect my battery?
- Your Dakota Lithium battery will discharge normally between a range of -20F and 120F (-29C to 49C). DL batteries are commonly used among ice fishers for their flashers and ice augers, so they are quite resilient and are frequently used in cold climates. In cases of extreme cold however, it is recommended that the batteries be insulated. We also do not recommend charging our batteries below freezing temperatures. If you are planning to regularly charge your battery below freezing temperatures we recommend the DL+ 12V 135Ah battery which has an internal heating element and is optimal for use in cars, trucks, RVs, off grid solar, and any application where the battery will be charged regularly in extremely cold environments (like a North Dakota winter).
Order a Dakota Lithium 12V/200Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery today from ElectricBikeParadise.com. Free shipping + free gifts on all of our Dakota Lithium Deep Cycle Batteries. Buy today and get a discount, free shipping, and a free gift!