Dakota Lithium DL+ 12V/60Ah Dual Purpose 1000CCA LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Starter Battery
Experience the Dakota Lithium Difference
The DL+ 60Ah battery is built with Dakota Lithium's legendary LiFePO4 cells. 2,000+ recharge cycles (roughly 5 year lifespan at daily use) vs. 500 for other lithium batteries or lead acid. Optimal performance down to minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit (for winter warriors). Plus twice the power of lead-acid batteries at half the weight.
A multi-purpose work horse, the DL+ 12V 60Ah is built for high performance in the most rugged and varied of conditions. Start your car or boat’s engine, crank up the car audio, or run your trolling motor or other deep cycle electronics — this is one battery built to power many passions. Engineered with Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) technology this battery has twice the power, half the weight, and lasts 4 times longer than a lead acid battery – providing exceptional lifetime value. Built for dual purpose performance the DL+ provides 1,000 cold cranking amps (CCA) and a high continuous discharge rate, making it a great choice for high amp draw applications like starting engines, car audio, heavy machinery, golf carts, or any electronics that require a lot of power at one time. In addition, the DL+ provides the same legendary deep cycle marine performance that Dakota Lithium batteries are known for, giving you lots of power for a long time. This is the most versatile Dakota Lithium battery and includes a terminal adapter kit compatible with most marine, automotive, and deep cycle applications. Easily link in series to create 24V, 36V, or 48V systems. LiFePO4 charger included. Backed up by an 11 year warranty.
- Starting Car, Boat, and Light Truck Engines
- Marine Applications
- Deep Cycle Applications
- Trolling Motors
- Overland & Truck Builds
- VanLife & RV Battery Upgrade
- Car Audio
- Golf Carts & Electric Vehicles
- Link in Series for 24V, 36V, 48V
- Industrial Batteries
- LiFePO4 Replacement for SLA 12V
- Fish Finders, Flashers, & Boating Electronics
- Recreational Vehicles, Campers, and Trailers
- Off-grid Homes
- 11 Year Warranty: World beating, best in class, eleven year manufacturer defect warranty.
- Storage Capacity: 60 ampere hours (Ah). Dakota Lithium batteries provide consistent power for all 60 amp hours. DL LiFePO4 batteries have a flat voltage curve, which means they have a steady power output as the battery discharges. The power output will not dramatically drop like similar sized SLA batteries. You get all the juice down to the last drop.
- Voltage: 12.8V (Dakota Lithium 12V batteries can be used in series for up to 48V systems)
- Engine Starting Power: Lithium battery equivalent to 1,000 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) of lead acid battery engine starting power. Suitable for marine, automotive, and other applications. 1/4-1/2 the weight of a normal car battery.
- Size: 9.5”L x 6.9” W x 7.44” H (242.5mm x 176mm x 189 mm) Group 24 equivalent
- Group Size 24: Group 24 compatible physical dimensions & 24F terminal orientation. Cranking power (CCA rating) & usable deep cycle capacity is much higher than a lead-acid battery of the same group size.
- Energy: 768 Watts (Wh)
- Terminals: F12 terminals (posts that screw in) with M8 size bolts. Includes a terminal adapter kit with automotive & marine posts that screw into the M8 bolt terminal, and M8 brass terminal bolts. Easy to adapt to different connection needs. (Max torque 15 ft. lbs.) (Max 5 ft. lbs. on terminal post adapters)
- Weight: 16.5 lbs (7.5 Kg). 65% lighter than a SLA or lead battery.
- Lifecycles (Battery Lifespan): Up to 80% capacity for 2,000 cycles in recommended conditions. The typical SLA has 500 cycles. Dakota Lithium batteries last so long that the price per use is a fraction of traditional batteries.
- Operating Temperature: Ideal for rugged & harsh environments. Much better than SLA or other lithium batteries. -20'F min, +150'F max optimal operating temps (battery performs well down to -20'F). Avoid charging below 32'F. Discharge cut off at - 20'F / -20'C. Charge cut off at 23'F / - 5'C. BMS high temp cut off at 167'F / 75'C.
- Discharge: 100 A max continuous discharge, 750A max 2 second pulse, 650A max 5 sec pulse. The flat discharge voltage curve provides a 75% bigger capacity than a 60Ah SLA battery.
- Ultra-fast Charging: DL rapid charge technology allows for charging speeds of 45 minutes (80 Amps). Recommend for longest life 60A or less (1C), Max continuous 80A (1.5C). 14.4 V recommended, 15 V max, BMS protection from over charging will cut off at 15V. Included is a free 12V 10 Amp (A) LiFePO4 compatible charger that charges at the recommended 14.4 Volts..
- Charge Via Alternator: Drop in replacement for lead acid and AGM starter batteries for vehicles and outboard motors. NOTE: THE DL+ 60Ah IS LIMITED TO AN ALTERNATOR CHARGING PROFILE OF 80 AMPS OR LESS.
- Includes Active BMS Protection: Contains a high discharge capable circuit that handles cell balancing, low voltage cutoff (10V) preventing over discharge, high voltage cutoff (15V) preventing over charging, short circuit protection and temperature protection for increased performance and longer life.
- Cold Temperature Charging Protection: Contains a smart BMS temperature cutoff that prevents charging when cells are below 0'C/32'F and protects the battery.
- Certifications: All DL batteries are UN 38 certified. Dakota Lithium's cells are UL1642 certified and have been tested per IEC62133 standards. Meets all US & International regulations for air, ground, train, & marine transport.
- Dual Purpose Use: Multi-purpose use as a deep cycle battery and/or as a starter battery for starting gasoline engines.
- Charger Included: 10A LiFePO4 charger included
Frequently Asked Questions
Twice the Power?
- Yes! Here at Dakota Lithium we build all of our batteries with lithium iron phosphate technology which has many distinct advantages over traditional batteries. Including 60% less weight, a charging speed that is up to 5X faster, and a significantly longer lifespan (5-10 years longer on average). One of the most noticeable advantages however is the flat voltage curve. Unlike a lead acid battery where the voltage drops as you use the battery a Dakota Lithium battery has a steady voltage for 99% of the battery's charge. That means you get all the power down to the last drop and double the usable power of traditional batteries.
Are Lithium Batteries Safe?
- Dakota Lithium batteries are 100% safe & reliable. Our signature chemistry, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), does not contain rare earth elements (like Cobalt) or heavy metals, is non-toxic, including no lead or acid, is non-corrosive, does not off gas, requires no watering or maintenance, can be placed in any orientation, and unlike other lithium batteries will not explode or catch fire. In addition, each Dakota Lithium battery is protected from over heating, over charging, and short circuiting, by a battery management system (BMS) microchip that also extends the lifespan and is contained in a rugged, waterproof case (although enough water can conduct electricity between the terminals, so don't submerse the battery). For best performance & reliability we recommend using a LiFePO4 charger.
How do I charge a lithium battery?
- Dakota Lithium batteries perform best when charged by a lithium compatible charger. Lead acid or SLA chargers, on-board chargers for AGM batteries, or other non-lithium chargers will charge a Dakota Lithium battery but only to 70-80% of capacity. This is because Dakota Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) technology charges and is full at a higher voltage then traditional batteries (Dakota Lithium charges at 14.4 Volts). Chargers with a lithium battery setting or designed for lithium will charge at the appropriate voltage. See our full catalog of LiFePO4 battery chargers here. All batteries 54Ah and larger include a free LiFePO4 compatible charger.
Will cold weather affect my battery?
- Your Dakota Lithium battery will discharge normally between a range of -20F and 120F (-29C to 49C). DL batteries are commonly used among ice fishers for their flashers and ice augers, so they are quite resilient and are frequently used in cold climates. In cases of extreme cold however, it is recommended that the batteries be insulated. We also do not recommend charging our batteries below freezing temperatures. If you are planning to regularly charge your battery below freezing temperatures we recommend the DL+ 12V 135Ah battery which has an internal heating element and is optimal for use in cars, trucks, RVs, off grid solar, and any application where the battery will be charged regularly in extremely cold environments (like a North Dakota winter).
Order a Dakota Lithium DL+ 12V/60Ah Dual Purpose 1000CCA LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Starter Battery today from ElectricBikeParadise.com. Free shipping + free gifts on all of our Dakota Lithium Deep Cycle Batteries. Buy today and get a discount, free shipping, and a free gift!