Heliatos Freeze Protected Solar Water Heater Kit
Our Freeze Protected Solar Water Heating Kit allows you to install a solar hot water system you can operate year round. This kit includes SW-38 Panels and a Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger with a special food grade heat transfer fluid (DOWFROST) to create a separate freeze protected loop. Filling your separate loop is easy with our Glycol Fill Valve. Please use our Glycol Calculator to determine the dilution ratio for winter conditions in your area as well as the total amount of glycol concentrate you need. As with all our systems they connect directly to your existing water heater and don't interfere with existing source of heat (gas or electric). This way you can enjoy hot water even during long cloudy periods.
Each panel weighs 12 lbs. and is 24" by 24" but can still provide you with ample hot water. You can begin your system with a few panels and add more if you need more. With this kit you DO NOT have to solder at all!
- Glazing: UV resistant twin wall polycarbonate
- Frame: Architectural grade aluminum alloy 6063
- Insulation: Polyiso foam (meets requirements for ASTM-C1289, Type 1
- Water Conduit: Copper Tubing (Alloy C12200 certified for public water supplies
- meeting EPA Lead and Copper Rule 56 FR26460, June 7th, 1991)
- Fittings: Brass, Lead Free compliant with Federal Reduction of Lead in
- Drinking Water Act , Dezincification resistant
- Seals: Butyl Rubber
- Length: 24.0 Inches
- Width: 25.25 Inches
- Height: 2.125 Inches
- Active Collector Area: 3.674 ft2
- Mounting Hole Spacing: 24.75 x 17.00 Inches x Inches
- Volume of Liquid in Collector: 7.7 fl. oz.
- Total Panel Weight: 11.6 lb.
- Input and Output Connections: 3/8 “ Compression Fitting
- Pressure: 150 Psi
- Collector Temperature: 203 ºF
- Mounting Surface Unevenness: ¼ Inch (corner to corner)
Each Kit Comes With:
- Your selected quantity of SW-38 Panels
- 1 Grade A 25W PV panel to power the pumps - NO grid connection required - plus wire and PV mounting kit
- 1 Heliatos HS-21 Pump for the Glycol Side
- 1 TopsFlo TD5 Stainless Steel Pump for the Water Side
- 1 Heliatos Glycol Fill Valve
- 1 Heliatos Bottom Feed Connector
- 1 Compact Stainless Steel (Alloy 316) Heat Exchanger
- 1 Amtrol Expansion Tank
- 1 Complete Set of Fittings and Adapters
- DOWFROST Food Grade Propylene Glycol Heat Transfer Fluid. 2 quarts for kits 4 panels or less. 4 quarts for 5 panels or more.
- Instructions for Installation- Single Row
- Instructions for Installation- Double Row
All You Have To Supply Is:
- Your choice of 1/2" Pipe from the panels to the water heater (Copper, CPVC, or PEX)
- Fasteners to attach the panels to the roof, and the parts to feed the pipes through the roof if needed.
- Insulation for the pipes.
- Your existing Water Heater
- Tools needed for installation
This product fits any existing water heater with a "boiler drain" near the bottom. This includes almost all gas and electric powered residential units.
Please Note - Will NOT work with Marathon Non Metallic (Plastic) Water Heaters.
View and Download
SKU Numbers and Options
- 2 Panels / Single Row - 077.0073
- 3 Panels / Single Row - 077.0074
- 4 Panels / Single Row - 077.0075
- 5 Panels / Single Row - 077.0076
- 4 Panels / Double Row - 077.0083
- 6 Panels / Double Row - 077.0084
- 8 Panels / Double Row - 077.0085
- 10 Panels / Double Row - 077.0086
Order a Heliatos Freeze Protected Solar Water Heater Kit today from ElectricBikeParadise.com. Free shipping + free gifts on all of our Heliatos Solar Water Heater Kits. Buy today and get a discount, free shipping, and a free gift!