Jackery Explorer 500 + SolarSaga 100W solar generator is a solar solution that combines Jackery Explorer 500 portable power station with SolarSaga 100W solar panel. It converts sun energy captured by SolarSaga 100W solar panels into electrical power and then stores it in the Explorer 500 portable power station for later use. This solar generator is a reliable and clean power source for campers, RVs, or as an emergency backup if your power goes out.
Explorer 500 Highlights
- Versatile outdoor power supply: 518Wh/24Ah battery capacity, 500W Rated Power and 1000W Surge Power from the pure-sine wave AC port.
- All-in-one portable power station: includes three USB ports, AC outlet, and 12V car output. Jackery Explorer 500 provides stable power to mainstream electronics and small appliances, from TVs, projectors to small blenders, etc.
- Professional MPPT technology provides faster solar recharge rates. The Explorer 500 can be recharged within 9.5 hours by SolarSaga 100W solar panels.
- Portable and compact: Weights only 13.32lbs with an easy-carry handle.
SolarSaga 100W Highlights
- High conversion efficiency solar generator:
High conversion efficiency up to 23%, building a Portable-Solar-Generator System together with Jackery Explorer 1000/500/300/240/160 power station.
- Solar charger with USB outputs:
Equipped with 1* USB-C output port and 1* USB-A output port, charging multiple portable devices at the same time.
- Lightweight and durable solar panel with kickstand:
Foldable design and weighs only 9.1 lbs. Convenient to carry it wherever you go. Adjust the angle with the built-in kickstand. Made from durable material, high-temperature resistant.
Give Your Appliances More Run Time
Preparing Your Solar Generator
The Explorer 1000 can be fully charged under straight full sun in 9.5 hours by connecting SolarSaga 100W solar panel.
Solar Recharging Steps
- Find the DC interface on the back of SolarSaga 100;
- Connect the DC interface of SolarSaga 100 with DC input of Explorer 500
Please Mind These While Solar Recharging
- Recharging time varies from different location, temperature, weather etc. The actual time may be different.
- During recharging, keep your portable power station away from heat and direct sunlight in order to extend its life span.
Power Outdoors and Care Families
- RV Camping
- Off Road
- Backyard Getaway
Jackery Explorer 500 + SolarSaga 100W solar panel offer power-to-go, in a compact, lightweight design featuring multiple connections to charge your mainstream gear and more. This solar generator use solar power to charge. You are not tethered by a wire or a plug anywhere – carefree to go explore the great outdoors when you can run your appliances such as blender, pellet smoker, projector and surveying instruments. It can also be used as an emergency backup power supply in the event of a power outage. It can supply power to light your lamps, laptops, phones, small fridges, CPAP, and other devices.
- Capacity: 518Wh (21.6V, 24Ah)
- Cell Chemistry:Li-ion NMC
- Lifecycle: 500 cycles to 80%+ capacity
- Management System: BMS, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection
- AC Output: 110VAC, 60Hz, 500W (1000W Surge)
- USB-A Output: 5V, 2.4A
- Car Output: 12V, 10A
- DC Output: 12V, 7A (6.5mm*1.4mm)
- DC Input: 12V-30V (100W Max)
- AC Adapter: 7.5 Hours
- 12V Car Adaptor: 7.5 Hours
- Electric Generator: 7.5 Hours
- SolarSaga 100W Solar Panel: 9.5 Hours
- Weight: 13.32 lbs (6.04 kg)
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 11.8 x 7.6 x 9.2 in (30.1 x 19.3 x 24.2 cm)
- Operating Usage Temperature: 14-104F (-10-40℃)
- Certification: CEC, DOE, FCC, UL, ROHS, CA Prop 65
- Warranty: 24 Months
- Peak Power: 100W
- Cell Efficiency: 23%
- Power Voltage: 18V
- Power Current: 5.55A
- Open Circuit Voltage: 21.6V
- Short Circuit Current: 6A
- USB-A Output: 5V, 2.4A
- USB-C Output: 5V, 3A
- Weight: 10.33 lbs (4.69 kg)
- Dimensions (folded): 24 x 21 x 1.4 in (610 x 535 x 35 mm)
- Dimensions (unfolded): 48 x 21 x 0.2 in (1220 x 535 x 5 mm)
- Operating Usage Temperature: 14-149F (-10-65℃)
- Warranty: 24 Months
View and Download
Frequently Asked Questions
What devices can Explorer 500 power?
- Please note that the AC output port can only charge/power devices that operate at less than 500-Watt. Once exceeding, the Explorer 500 will shut off automatically. Please refer to your device specification before purchase.
How to know the working times for my device?
- Working time = 500Wh* 0.85 / operating power of your device.
- For reference, assuming power consumption of your device is 60W (might be a box fan), working time will be 500Wh*0.85/60w=7hrs (rough calculated) .
- Please note: actual power consumption varies from different usages, please consult Jackery for better purchase decision.
How long does it take to full charge this power station?
- Within 7.5 hours from an AC wall outlet; Also another two recharge backup choices for your convenience, recharge from car port around 16 hours, and around within 9.5 hours from Jackery Saga 100W solar panel.
How do I know if my Explorer 500 is charged?
- To check the charge level of the Explorer 500, refer to the LCD Battery Display.
What type of battery is in an Explorer 500?
- Explorer 500 contains a battery pack which consists of an array of cylindri cal 18650 lithium-ion battery cells with high energy density.
Can the Explorer 500 be charged while using?
- Yes, you can use the Explorer 500 to charge devices, while it's being re-charged at the same time.
Is the solar panel waterproof?
- The Saga 100W is not waterproof. To maximize the lifespan of the module,Please don’t make it get wet.
Why the solar can not produce 100W power when charging to Explorer 1000 power station?
- As you know , the solar panels are affected by many factors, such as the intensity of the light and the angle of the panel put on the ground. 100W is tested in an ideal laboratory. However, the intensity of the light constantly changes. In addition, the angle of the light illuminating the solar panel also changes with the rotation of the sun. Please try test your solar panel under the full sunlight to see, and make sure there is no shadow cast on the panel.
How to clean the solar panel surface?
- We mentioned this point in the manual. Please use a soft cloth to remove the dust and dirt on the surface. Use a damp cloth to wipe the surface of the solar module to remove any remaining dust or dirt. Any guano or other adhesive should be removed as soon as possible from the solar surface to avoid a reduction in performance.
Can the solar panel charge smartphones and tablet?
- Yes, the 100W solar panel has 1* USB-C(5V,3A) output port and 1* USB-A(5V, 2.4A) output port.
Order a Jackery Explorer 500 + 1x SolarSaga 100W Solar Panel Solar Generator Kit T1G1SP500G100SP today from ElectricBikeParadise.com. Free shipping + free gifts on all of our Jackery Solar Generators Buy today and get a discount, free shipping, and a free gift!